Monday, September 8, 2014

Nude lingerie for brown girls

By Tenisha Mercer
www.HairNista.Blogspot.com

A nude bra is a nudge bra, right? Not if you're a woman of color. Sometimes, it's putting THAT bra or THAT underwear that is supposed to be "flesh toned" and realizing that it doesn't come anywhere near matching your brown complexion.

Enter Nubian Skin. The lingerie line will debut next month that answers the questions most of us brown beauties have wondered about for for quite a while now -why isn't there lingerie that fits MY brown complexion?

Nubian Skin will begin selling a line of flesh-toned bras and panties, in various shades, from cafe au lait to rich chocolate, in early October.

I will be the first one in line. My favorite cami is a brown cami that matches my skin tone. And what to wear under sheer shirts? A flesh-toned bra that doesn't match my tone?

No ma'am. Nubian Skin wrote this on their blog, and it is so true:

"Despite the reality that women of colour have the same needs as all women when it comes to lingerie and hosiery (and spend the same of their hard-earned money), the industry simply doesn’t cater to us.  So, I thought, it’s time to rethink the definition of nude.  Thus, Nubian Skin was born."


Amen! I can't wait to buy. Let's make sure we support this line. It's only 2014. And I still don't see much lingerie that matches my skin tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment