Wednesday, December 10, 2014

2015 Color of the Year

Can I get a drumroll, please?

The Pantone Color of the Year is ..... marsala! I had barely gotten over the vibrant radiant orchid (my personal pick from 2014 ) when the new color was selected last week.

The earthy, deep reddish brown will be a good color scheme; expect to see it soon in everything from fashions and home decor to beauty (nail polish and makeup) and accessories.

Pantone describes it as "naturally robust and earthy wine red, Marsala enriches our minds, bodies and souls."

I don't know about that, but I know that it is meaty -- some might even say the color reminds them of a chunk of raw red meat.

It almost reminds me of the reddish brown almost burgundy color popular in the 70s. Might be time to hit up the thrift store, as this color is clearly back in style. 

Here are a few other good ideas from the New York Post on how you can incorporate the color into your wardrobe.















No comments:

Post a Comment